Translate

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Alexander Keith's Dark Ale (Canada - Nova Scotia - Halifax) 4.1%

My first impression is that it is highly carbonated and really mild tasting despite being so dark that it was barely translucent. Skunky like regular Keith's with a bit more of a malt taste and slightly bitter.

Alexander Keith's Ambrosia Blonde and Tartan Ale are both really good but I found the Dark Ale didn't have the depth of flavour I would like. Might be a starting point though for people interested in broadening their beer horizons before trying the really strong tasting beers.

Though it is certainly not bland, it is hardly what I was expecting from a dark ale and in that way in reminds me of Rickard's Dark, another mild (though slightly paler) dark ale.

No comments:

Post a Comment