Translate

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Grapefruit Radler - Waterloo Brewing Company (Canada - Ontario - Kitchener) 3.1%

Grapefruit Radler - Waterloo Brewing Company (Canada - Ontario - Kitchener) 3.1%

Strong grapefruit aroma, very sweet but quite nice. An inch or so of soda-like quick fading foam on top of a very pale gold body.

Sweet taste, sweeter than I expected to be honest, and very carbonated. Only a very little bit of tartness; more of a white grapefruit flavour than a pink grapefruit flavour, and more like how a pop would be flavoured rather than the actual citrus fruit.

My unsurprising conclusion is that this is more of a pop than a beer, but that's what a Radler often is. I think this one is a bit overly sweet, though that certainly does appeal to my sweet tooth, and it lacks any malt flavour. I'd drink this if I was looking for a refreshing and slightly alcoholic drink but I certainly wouldn't reach for one if I wanted a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment